Travis AFB Job Fair
Delta Breeze Club
400 Windward Drive, Bldg 400
Travis AFB, CA 94535
Travis AFB Job FairApril 4, 2019 11:00 AM – April 4, 2019 3:00 PM
For multiple event discounts, call 800-226-0841
- Exhibition Booth
- 2 Representatives
- Listing in Exhibitors Guide
- * $795 special for certified small-businesses
(50 or fewer employees)
- * $595 special for veteran-owned small-businesses
(50 or fewer employees)
- * $795 special for local public safety organizations
- * $995 special for US Government Entities
At a Veteran Job Fair, you can begin the selection process with what is normally one of the final stages of a face-to-face meeting with the candidate. We present these events in cooperation with leading corporations, news media, industry associations, veterans organizations, and government agencies. All Veteran Job Fairs take place in major military markets. To attract job candidates to the fairs, we promote the events intensively to our huge database of registered candidates, and we run display ads in major newspapers in the areas where they will take place.
Why Hire Veterans?
If you are not familiar with hiring veterans, we would like to share three reasons why military personnel will make great employees for your organization:
- Well-trained. Veterans possess skills that are critical for an organization to succeed. They are trained to be mission-oriented and to work as a team. They possess critical skills for organizational success including discipline, responsibility, respect, and unparalleled work ethic.
- Skills that overlap. Veterans have been trained in specific skills that greatly overlap civilian work. Whether driving an 18-wheel tractor-trailer or leading an organization in an executive position, the military provides people with the training to be successful in trades, as well as the experience and conditioning required for management positions.
- Diverse backgrounds. The military employs a highly diverse workforce. Approximately 45% of our candidates are women and/or ethnic minorities, enabling you to connect with skilled and diverse candidates through our events.
Facility Access Information
Travis AFB requires a pre-approved "Access Roster" be submitted by RecruitMilitary NO LATER THAN Monday, March 11, 2019. ALL attendees from every company in attendance MUST be approved for base access prior to attending the job fair. THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION HAS PASSED.
If you do not have a military ID and have not submitted your information for the access roster by the deadline of March 11, 2019, you MUST submit your name to email@example.com so your name can be added to a list at the Visitor's Center at Travis AFB. Sharing your information simply verifies you as a participant, but does NOT convey access approval. You will need to process for approval that day. EXTRA TIME, THE MORNING OF THE EVENT, SHOULD BE ALLOWED FOR THIS PROCESS.
Educational Entities – Per base policy, NO Educational entities may participate in this event.
Acceptable Access Documentation
All exhibitors must possess the following item(s) or you will not be allowed access to the military installation or the Job Fair:
- You must present the following: Military Identification Card (Active, Reserve/Guard, Retiree ID); or Civilian/Contractor CAC Card) OR Non-military photo ID.
- Current and compliant current driver’s license. See the following link for states with compliant licenses: REAL ID STATES.
- Current automobile registration or rental car contract.
- Current proof of automobile insurance or rental car contract.
- If your driver’s license, passport or other identification has expired or is no longer valid you "WILL NOT" be allowed to enter the post.
- As part of security measures on a military installation your vehicle may be subject to inspection. This is part of the security measures against any terrorist threats. Please cooperate with security and their mission.
(NOTE: All military installations and facilities reserve the right to refuse admittance to any installation or military facility. RecruitMilitary is not responsible for local installation policies and cannot grant access or override installation policies.)
Delta Breeze Club
The Job Fair will take place at in the Ballroom at Delta Breeze Club. Enter through main entrance.
Client Representatives should arrive for set up between 9:00am and 10:30am. The Job Fair begins at 11:00am.
Coffee will be served beginning at 9:00am in an area marked with RecruitMilitary signage.
Lunch will be served from 1:00pm - 3:00pm.
Clients requiring access to electric should contact RecruitMilitary in advance to make payment and should bring their own power strip and extension cords. Without prior notification and payment, there is no guarantee electric will be provided.
As is the case at most military installations, Wi-Fi can be spotty. RecruitMilitary will have hotspots in the event space, but consistent access cannot be guaranteed. Exhibitors who require constant access are encouraged to bring their own hotspot.
Due to the event being held on a military installation, there are no shipment options to the venue.
We encourage clients to ship materials into their hotel or a local UPS store.
From the Main Gate to the Delta Breeze Club
Proceed straight once through Main Gate to 3rd stop light
Turn left at 3rd stop light (at hotel)
Proceed to Delta Breeze Club located at 400 Windward Drive.
Plenty of complimentary parking around building.
Please enter through main entrance.
Registration will be in the lobby area.
Do NOT park in any reserved/flag officer designated parking spot.
“Americans may be shocked to learn that there is no veterans’ unemployment crisis. The unemployment rate in 2014 for post-9/11 veterans was 7.2 percent, the lowest level in seven years of tracking these veterans. ”
“The latest crisis at the Department of Veterans Affairs has called into question again the proper role of government in the care of our veterans. Whereas healthcare is clearly in shambles, veterans’ employment is another realm in which well-meaning government involvement has been inefficient at best and ineffective or counterproductive at worst. ”
“Peter Gudmundsson talked about the availability of jobs for returning service members.”
“Among the fondest memories Peter Gudmundsson ’85 has of his three years as an active-duty U.S. Marine officer was the time in 1987 when, off the coast of Vietnam, he stood on the deck of a U.S. Navy ship looking up at the Soviet planes flying overhead. What was particularly memorable, he says, was not the plane flying overhead, but the reaction of the men in his platoon”
“Money for Lunch host Bert Martinez interviewed Peter Gudmundsson. Discussed veteran hiring.”
“Mike Rollins is featured on America Now. Recently, America Now visited a RecruitMilitary job fair held at the Hurst Conference Center in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. ”
“By Naomi Snyder Terry Pack was an aircraft mechanic serving in the Army in Iraq, spending two of the last six years in combat overseas. Now that he's done his service for the country, he can't even get a job doing oil changes at Sears. "It's tough,'' said the unemployed Clarksville veteran, who was honorably discharged in January. "I've been looking for any job." A congressional hea...”
“Matt Murphy, RecruitMilitary's Senior VP of Business Development and Sales is a guest on Washington Journal to talk about a recent report that shows the jobless rate for veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars is over eleven percent. He talks about connecting employers, educational institutions, and franchisors to veterans because of their character, skills and training, diversity, and securi...”
When attendees registered for the Travis AFB Job Fair, we asked them to let us know what fields they are interested in. The table below is a breakdown of those interests.
|Project / Program Management||38||39%|
|Education / Training||31||31%|
|Administrative / Clerical||28||28%|
|Sales / Business Development||24||24%|
|Quality Assurance / Safety||24||24%|
|Law Enforcement / Security||24||24%|
|Business / Strategic Management||24||24%|
|IT / Software Development||22||22%|
|Customer Support / Client Care||22||22%|
|Manufacturing / Operations||20||20%|
|Aviation / Aerospace||20||20%|
|Logistics / Transportation / Warehouse||17||17%|
|Maintenance / Installation / Repair||16||16%|
|Medical / Health||15||15%|
|Accounting / Finance / Insurance||15||15%|
|Marketing / Product Management||13||13%|
|Banking / Real Estate / Mortgage||12||12%|
|Biotech / R&D / Science||10||10%|
|Construction / Trades||10||10%|
|Creative / Design||9||9%|
|Food Services / Hospitality||7||7%|
|Editorial / Writing||6||6%|