Fort Bliss Job Fair
Centennial Banquet Center
11199 Sergeant E Churchill Street
Ft. Bliss, TX 79916
Fort Bliss Job FairApril 26, 2018 11:00 AM – April 26, 2018 3:00 PM
For multiple event discounts, call 800-226-0841
- Exhibition Booth
- 2 Representatives
- Listing in Exhibitors Guide
- * $795 special for certified small-businesses
(50 or fewer employees)
- * $595 special for veteran-owned small-businesses
(50 or fewer employees)
- * $795 special for local public safety organizations
- * $995 special for US Government Entities
At a Veteran Job Fair, you can begin the selection process with what is normally one of the final stages of a face-to-face meeting with the candidate. We present these events in cooperation with leading corporations, news media, industry associations, veterans organizations, and government agencies. All Veteran Job Fairs take place in major military markets. To attract job candidates to the fairs, we promote the events intensively to our huge database of registered candidates, and we run display ads in major newspapers in the areas where they will take place.
Why Hire Veterans?
If you are not familiar with hiring veterans, we would like to share three reasons why military personnel will make great employees for your organization:
- Well-trained. Veterans possess skills that are critical for an organization to succeed. They are trained to be mission-oriented and to work as a team. They possess critical skills for organizational success including discipline, responsibility, respect, and unparalleled work ethic.
- Skills that overlap. Veterans have been trained in specific skills that greatly overlap civilian work. Whether driving an 18-wheel tractor-trailer or leading an organization in an executive position, the military provides people with the training to be successful in trades, as well as the experience and conditioning required for management positions.
- Diverse backgrounds. The military employs a highly diverse workforce. Approximately 45% of our candidates are women and/or ethnic minorities, enabling you to connect with skilled and diverse candidates through our events.
Facility Access Information
RecruitMilitary has requested pre-vetting of Exhibitors who do not have a current military ID in order to expedite entry to the base on the day of the event.
NOTE: All Exhibitors without military ID will STILL be required to stop at the Chafee Visitor Control Center (VCC) or Global Reach VCC (less busy) to obtain a pass to attend the Job Fair at the Centennial Banquet & Conference Center.
Anyone arriving in a commercial vehicle MUST request a pass from the Chafee VCC. A map from the Chafee Gate to the event center follows: Click here to view the map.
**Starting October 10, 2015, visitors seeking access to military bases using their state-issued driver's licenses or identification cards must present proper identification issued by REAL ID compliant states or a state that has received an extension. As the government is continuously updating the list of compliant state documents, please visit the REAL ID ACT website HERE
for the most up to date listing of acceptable licenses. If your driver's license is from a state colored red, your license will not be accepted and other allowable documentation must be used.
**Educational Entities – You are required to “request base access” in order to attend the events on Army installations. This is base protocol and must be completed between you and this specific base. Please follow the link www.goarmyed.com and the directions in the following link:(ACES Field Call). Please email evidence of approval to email@example.com
ALL Exhibitors must possess the following item(s) or you will not be allowed access to the military installation or the Job Fair:
- You must present the following: Military Identification Card (Active, Reserve/Guard, Retiree ID); or Civilian/Contractor CAC Card) OR Non-military photo ID.
- Current state driver’s license (See above for Non-Approved State IDs)
- Current automobile registration or rental car contract.
- Current proof of automobile insurance or rental car contract.
- If your driver’s license, passport or other identification has expired or is no longer valid you "WILL NOT" be allowed to enter the post.
- As part of security measures on a military post your vehicle may be subject to inspection. This is part of the security measures against any terrorist threats. Please cooperate with security and their mission.
(NOTE: All military installations and facilities reserve the right to refuse admittance to any installation or military facility. RecruitMilitary is not responsible for local installation policies and cannot grant access or override base policies.)
Centennial Banquet Center
- Exhibitor set up is between 9:00am and 10:30am.
- The Job Fair will take place in a section of the Ballroom.
- Coffee will be available at 9:00am.
- Lunch will be served from 12:00pm - 1:00pm in the Sam Adams Pub.
- If electricity is required, please contact RecruitMilitary to make advance payment and please bring your own extension cord and power strip. Without advance payment there is no guarantee there will be a live outlet near the exhibitor table.
Due to limited storage space at the venue, all items should be shipped into and out of the Exhibitor's hotel.
- FREE parking is available just outside of the venue.
“RecruitMilitary, along with their partners at the Disabled American Veterans organization (DAV,) will be on post Tuesday conducting a job fair for veterans and their spouses.”
“Americans may be shocked to learn that there is no veterans’ unemployment crisis. The unemployment rate in 2014 for post-9/11 veterans was 7.2 percent, the lowest level in seven years of tracking these veterans. ”
“The latest crisis at the Department of Veterans Affairs has called into question again the proper role of government in the care of our veterans. Whereas healthcare is clearly in shambles, veterans’ employment is another realm in which well-meaning government involvement has been inefficient at best and ineffective or counterproductive at worst. ”
“Peter Gudmundsson talked about the availability of jobs for returning service members.”
“Among the fondest memories Peter Gudmundsson ’85 has of his three years as an active-duty U.S. Marine officer was the time in 1987 when, off the coast of Vietnam, he stood on the deck of a U.S. Navy ship looking up at the Soviet planes flying overhead. What was particularly memorable, he says, was not the plane flying overhead, but the reaction of the men in his platoon”
“Money for Lunch host Bert Martinez interviewed Peter Gudmundsson. Discussed veteran hiring.”
“Mike Rollins is featured on America Now. Recently, America Now visited a RecruitMilitary job fair held at the Hurst Conference Center in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. ”
“By Naomi Snyder Terry Pack was an aircraft mechanic serving in the Army in Iraq, spending two of the last six years in combat overseas. Now that he's done his service for the country, he can't even get a job doing oil changes at Sears. "It's tough,'' said the unemployed Clarksville veteran, who was honorably discharged in January. "I've been looking for any job." A congressional hea...”
“Matt Murphy, RecruitMilitary's Senior VP of Business Development and Sales is a guest on Washington Journal to talk about a recent report that shows the jobless rate for veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars is over eleven percent. He talks about connecting employers, educational institutions, and franchisors to veterans because of their character, skills and training, diversity, and securi...”
When attendees registered for the Fort Bliss Job Fair, we asked them to let us know what fields they are interested in. The table below is a breakdown of those interests.
|Manufacturing / Operations||4||36%|
|Aviation / Aerospace||4||36%|
|Business / Strategic Management||3||27%|
|Law Enforcement / Security||3||27%|
|Project / Program Management||3||27%|
|Sales / Business Development||3||27%|
|Logistics / Transportation / Warehouse||2||18%|
|Maintenance / Installation / Repair||2||18%|
|Construction / Trades||2||18%|
|Medical / Health||1||9%|
|Accounting / Finance / Insurance||1||9%|
|Administrative / Clerical||1||9%|
|Marketing / Product Management||1||9%|
|Quality Assurance / Safety||1||9%|
|Biotech / R&D / Science||1||9%|
|Education / Training||1||9%|