Fort Hood Job Fair
24th St. and Wainwright Dr.
Ft. Hood, TX 76544
Fort Hood Job FairJuly 27, 2017 11:00 AM – July 27, 2017 3:00 PM
For multiple event discounts, call 800-226-0841
- Exhibition Booth
- 2 Representatives
- Listing in Exhibitors Guide
- * $795 special for certified small-businesses
(50 or fewer employees)
- * $595 special for veteran-owned small-businesses
(50 or fewer employees)
- * $795 special for local public safety organizations
- * $995 special for US Government Entities
At a Veteran Job Fair, you can begin the selection process with what is normally one of the final stages of a face-to-face meeting with the candidate. We present these events in cooperation with leading corporations, news media, industry associations, veterans organizations, and government agencies. All Veteran Job Fairs take place in major military markets. To attract job candidates to the fairs, we promote the events intensively to our huge database of registered candidates, and we run display ads in major newspapers in the areas where they will take place.
Why Hire Veterans?
If you are not familiar with hiring veterans, we would like to share three reasons why military personnel will make great employees for your organization:
- Well-trained. Veterans possess skills that are critical for an organization to succeed. They are trained to be mission-oriented and to work as a team. They possess critical skills for organizational success including discipline, responsibility, respect, and unparalleled work ethic.
- Skills that overlap. Veterans have been trained in specific skills that greatly overlap civilian work. Whether driving an 18-wheel tractor-trailer or leading an organization in an executive position, the military provides people with the training to be successful in trades, as well as the experience and conditioning required for management positions.
- Diverse backgrounds. The military employs a highly diverse workforce. Approximately 45% of our candidates are women and/or ethnic minorities, enabling you to connect with skilled and diverse candidates through our events.
Facility Access Information
Fort Hood requires a pre-approved "Access Roster" be submitted by RecruitMilitary prior to the event date. Roster MUST include ALL attendees from every company in attendance. Please be sure you have provided the appropriate information needed for this roster NO LATER THAN 5:00pm EST on Monday, July 10, 2017.
Click HERE to submit your roster information securely.
If you have not submitted information for the access roster by the above mentioned deadline, please allow extra time on the morning of the event to allow for the screening process.
**Educational Entities – You are required to “request base access” in order to attend the events on Army installations. This is base protocol and must be completed between you and this specific base. Please follow the link www.goarmyed.com and the directions in the following link: (ACES Field Call). Please email evidence of approval to firstname.lastname@example.org
INSTALLATION ACCESS PROCEDURES
If you do not have a military ID and have not been pre-approved, you must request a pass at the Marvin Leath Visitor's Center off T.J. Mills Blvd (prior to the East gate). Those who have been pre-approved should enter via the East Gate (stay in the lane to the farthest right).
**Fort Hood IS NOT ACCEPTING DRIVERS LICENSES FROM THE FOLLOWING STATES: ME, MO, MN , MT, AK, KY, OK, OR, PA, SC, VA AND WA. Enhanced state IDs from these states will be accepted (including paper documentation to support that an enhanced ID has been approved and is in process). A list of approved IDs can be found in the link below.
Acceptable Documents List
ALL vendors must possess the following item(s) or you will not be allowed access to the military installation or the Job Fair:
- You must present the following: Military Identification Card (Active, Reserve/Guard, Retiree ID); or Civilian/Contractor CAC Card) OR Non-military photo ID.
- Current state driver’s license (See above for Non-Approved State IDs)
- Current automobile registration or rental car contract.
- Current proof of automobile insurance or rental car contract.
- If your driver’s license, passport or other identification has expired or is no longer valid you "WILL NOT" be allowed to enter the post.
- As part of security measures on a military post your vehicle may be subject to inspection. This is part of the security measures against any terrorist threats. Please cooperate with security and their mission.
(NOTE: All military installations and facilities reserve the right to refuse admittance to any installation or military facility. RecruitMilitary is not responsible for local installation policies and cannot grant access or override base policies.)
- Exhibitor set up is between 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- The Career Fair will take place in the Grand Ballroom.
- Exhibitors will have a mix of 6' and 8' tables with two chairs each.
- Coffee and water will be available at 9:00 a.m.
- The Exhibitors lunch will be served in the Kingston and Cascade Rooms marked with RecruitMilitary Exhibitors Only signage.
- Clients requiring access to electric should contact Recruit Military in advance to make payment and should bring their own power strip and extension cords.
Due to limited storage space at the venue, all items should be shipped into and out of the Exhibitor's hotel.
- FREE parking is available just outside of the venue.
“Americans may be shocked to learn that there is no veterans’ unemployment crisis. The unemployment rate in 2014 for post-9/11 veterans was 7.2 percent, the lowest level in seven years of tracking these veterans. ”
“Good Day Austin with Amanda FOX 7 (KTBC)- Interviewed Steve B. in their studio at 6:50 am on the day of the event. ”
“The latest crisis at the Department of Veterans Affairs has called into question again the proper role of government in the care of our veterans. Whereas healthcare is clearly in shambles, veterans’ employment is another realm in which well-meaning government involvement has been inefficient at best and ineffective or counterproductive at worst. ”
“Peter Gudmundsson talked about the availability of jobs for returning service members.”
“Among the fondest memories Peter Gudmundsson ’85 has of his three years as an active-duty U.S. Marine officer was the time in 1987 when, off the coast of Vietnam, he stood on the deck of a U.S. Navy ship looking up at the Soviet planes flying overhead. What was particularly memorable, he says, was not the plane flying overhead, but the reaction of the men in his platoon”
“Money for Lunch host Bert Martinez interviewed Peter Gudmundsson. Discussed veteran hiring.”
“Mike Rollins is featured on America Now. Recently, America Now visited a RecruitMilitary job fair held at the Hurst Conference Center in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. ”
“By Naomi Snyder Terry Pack was an aircraft mechanic serving in the Army in Iraq, spending two of the last six years in combat overseas. Now that he's done his service for the country, he can't even get a job doing oil changes at Sears. "It's tough,'' said the unemployed Clarksville veteran, who was honorably discharged in January. "I've been looking for any job." A congressional hea...”
“Matt Murphy, RecruitMilitary's Senior VP of Business Development and Sales is a guest on Washington Journal to talk about a recent report that shows the jobless rate for veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars is over eleven percent. He talks about connecting employers, educational institutions, and franchisors to veterans because of their character, skills and training, diversity, and securi...”
When attendees registered for the Fort Hood Job Fair, we asked them to let us know what fields they are interested in. The table below is a breakdown of those interests.
|Logistics / Transportation / Warehouse||14||15%|
|Project / Program Management||13||14%|
|Administrative / Clerical||12||13%|
|Education / Training||12||13%|
|Customer Support / Client Care||10||10%|
|Manufacturing / Operations||10||10%|
|Law Enforcement / Security||10||10%|
|Quality Assurance / Safety||10||10%|
|Medical / Health||9||9%|
|Business / Strategic Management||8||8%|
|IT / Software Development||7||7%|
|Aviation / Aerospace||6||6%|
|Maintenance / Installation / Repair||5||5%|
|Banking / Real Estate / Mortgage||5||5%|
|Marketing / Product Management||5||5%|
|Sales / Business Development||3||3%|
|Biotech / R&D / Science||2||2%|
|Construction / Trades||2||2%|
|Creative / Design||2||2%|
|Accounting / Finance / Insurance||2||2%|
|Food Services / Hospitality||1||1%|