Fort Wainwright Job Fair
Last Frontier Community Activity Center
1044 Apple Street
Ft. Wainwright, AK 99703
Fort Wainwright Job FairJune 1, 2017 11:00 AM – June 1, 2017 3:00 PM
For multiple event discounts, call 800-226-0841
- Exhibition Booth
- 2 Representatives
- Listing in Exhibitors Guide
At a Veteran Job Fair, you can begin the selection process with what is normally one of the final stages of a face-to-face meeting with the candidate. We present these events in cooperation with leading corporations, news media, industry associations, veterans organizations, and government agencies. All Veteran Job Fairs take place in major military markets. To attract job candidates to the fairs, we promote the events intensively to our huge database of registered candidates, and we run display ads in major newspapers in the areas where they will take place.
Why Hire Veterans?
If you are not familiar with hiring veterans, we would like to share three reasons why military personnel will make great employees for your organization:
- Well-trained. Veterans possess skills that are critical for an organization to succeed. They are trained to be mission-oriented and to work as a team. They possess critical skills for organizational success including discipline, responsibility, respect, and unparalleled work ethic.
- Skills that overlap. Veterans have been trained in specific skills that greatly overlap civilian work. Whether driving an 18-wheel tractor-trailer or leading an organization in an executive position, the military provides people with the training to be successful in trades, as well as the experience and conditioning required for management positions.
- Diverse backgrounds. The military employs a highly diverse workforce. Approximately 45% of our candidates are women and/or ethnic minorities, enabling you to connect with skilled and diverse candidates through our events.
Facility Access Information
Fort Wainwright requires a pre-approved "Access Roster" be submitted by RecruitMilitary prior to the event date. Roster MUST include ALL attendees from every company in attendance. Please be sure you have provided the appropriate information needed for this roster NO LATER THAN 5:00pm EST on Tuesday, May 16, 2017. If you have not submitted information for the access roster by the above mentioned deadline, please allow extra time on the morning of the event to allow for the screening process. Every attendee MUST see the RecruitMilitary representative AT THE VISITOR CENTER BEFORE proceeding to the event venue.
Visitor Passes for Non-DOD Cardholders
All non-affiliated personnel who have not been approved but are requesting access to Fort Wainwright are classified as a “Visitor.” All visitors are required to process at a Visitor Center. They should state that they are there for the RecruitMilitary Job Fair at the Last Frontier Community Center. They will be subjected to security vetting.
**Fort Wainwright IS NOT ACCEPTING DRIVERS LICENSES FROM THE FOLLOWING STATES: Washington, Missouri, Minnesota, Maine, and Montana. Passports and enhanced state IDs from Minnesota and Washington will be accepted (including paper documentation to support that an enhanced ID has been approved and is in process). A list of approved IDs can be found in the link below:
**Educational Entities – You are required to “request base access” in order to attend the events on Army installations. This is base protocol and must be completed between you and this specific base. Please follow the link www.goarmyed.com and the directions in the attachment above (ACES Field Call). Please email evidence of approval to firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL vendors must possess the following item(s) or you will not be allowed access to the military installation or the Job Fair:
- You must present the following: Military Identification Card (Active, Reserve/Guard, Retiree ID); or Civilian/Contractor CAC Card) OR Non-military photo ID.
- Current state driver’s license (See above for Non-Approved State IDs)
- Current automobile registration or rental car contract.
- Current proof of automobile insurance or rental car contract.
- If your driver’s license, passport or other identification has expired or is no longer valid you "WILL NOT" be allowed to enter the post.
- As part of security measures on a military post your vehicle may be subject to inspection. This is part of the security measures against any terrorist threats. Please cooperate with security and their mission.
(NOTE: All military installations and facilities reserve the right to refuse admittance to any installation or military facility. RecruitMilitary is not responsible for local installation policies and cannot grant access or override installation policies.)
Last Frontier Community Activity Center
- The job fair will take place in the Ballroom.
- Exhibitor set up is between 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- Coffee will be available at 9:00 a.m. in the Quiet Room near the event space and marked with RecruitMilitary Exhibitor's Only signage.
- The Exhibitors lunch will be served in the Quiet Room near the event space and will be marked with RecruitMilitary's Exhibitors Only signage.
- Clients requiring access to electric should contact Recruit Military in advance to make payment and should bring their own power strip and extension cords.
- Complimentary WiFi is available.
You may ship packages and boxes for the Job Fair to arrive no earlier than Monday, May 29, 2017. Please ship to:
*Last Frontier Community Activity Center
Attn: Angela Coltellaro
1044 Apple Street
Fort Wainwright, AK 99703
RecruitMilitary Event 6/1/2017
(Your Company Name)
Please be prepared with shipping information on event day in order to ensure packages are in route Friday following the event. Your company will be fully responsible for contacting your own carrier to pick up your equipment after the event.
Free parking is available just outside of the venue.
“Americans may be shocked to learn that there is no veterans’ unemployment crisis. The unemployment rate in 2014 for post-9/11 veterans was 7.2 percent, the lowest level in seven years of tracking these veterans. ”
“The latest crisis at the Department of Veterans Affairs has called into question again the proper role of government in the care of our veterans. Whereas healthcare is clearly in shambles, veterans’ employment is another realm in which well-meaning government involvement has been inefficient at best and ineffective or counterproductive at worst. ”
“Peter Gudmundsson talked about the availability of jobs for returning service members.”
“Among the fondest memories Peter Gudmundsson ’85 has of his three years as an active-duty U.S. Marine officer was the time in 1987 when, off the coast of Vietnam, he stood on the deck of a U.S. Navy ship looking up at the Soviet planes flying overhead. What was particularly memorable, he says, was not the plane flying overhead, but the reaction of the men in his platoon”
“Money for Lunch host Bert Martinez interviewed Peter Gudmundsson. Discussed veteran hiring.”
“Mike Rollins is featured on America Now. Recently, America Now visited a RecruitMilitary job fair held at the Hurst Conference Center in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. ”
“By Naomi Snyder Terry Pack was an aircraft mechanic serving in the Army in Iraq, spending two of the last six years in combat overseas. Now that he's done his service for the country, he can't even get a job doing oil changes at Sears. "It's tough,'' said the unemployed Clarksville veteran, who was honorably discharged in January. "I've been looking for any job." A congressional hea...”
“Matt Murphy, RecruitMilitary's Senior VP of Business Development and Sales is a guest on Washington Journal to talk about a recent report that shows the jobless rate for veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars is over eleven percent. He talks about connecting employers, educational institutions, and franchisors to veterans because of their character, skills and training, diversity, and securi...”
When attendees registered for the Fort Wainwright Job Fair, we asked them to let us know what fields they are interested in. The table below is a breakdown of those interests.