Job Fair at Fort Hood
Lone Star Conference Center
24th St. and Wainwright Dr.
Fort Hood, TX 76544
Job Fair at Fort Hood
September 20, 202311:00 AM – September 20, 2023 3:00 PM Central
For multiple event discounts, call 800-226-0841
- Exhibition booth
- 2 Representatives
- Listing in exhibitor list
- Unlimited manual job postings on RecruitMilitary job board for up to 30 days
- * $960 special for certified small-businesses
(50 or fewer employees)
- * $960 special for veteran-owned small-businesses
(50 or fewer employees)
- * $960 special for local public safety organizations
- * $960 special for US Government Entities
At a Veteran Job Fair, you can begin the selection process with what is normally one of the final stages of a face-to-face meeting with the candidate. We present these events in cooperation with leading corporations, news media, industry associations, veterans organizations, and government agencies. All Veteran Job Fairs take place in major military markets. To attract job candidates to the fairs, we promote the events intensively to our huge database of registered candidates, and we run display ads in major newspapers in the areas where they will take place.
Why Hire Veterans?
If you are not familiar with hiring veterans, we would like to share three reasons why military personnel will make great employees for your organization:
- Well-trained. Veterans possess skills that are critical for an organization to succeed. They are trained to be mission-oriented and to work as a team. They possess critical skills for organizational success including discipline, responsibility, respect, and unparalleled work ethic.
- Skills that overlap. Veterans have been trained in specific skills that greatly overlap civilian work. Whether driving an 18-wheel tractor-trailer or leading an organization in an executive position, the military provides people with the training to be successful in trades, as well as the experience and conditioning required for management positions.
- Diverse backgrounds. The military employs a highly diverse workforce. Approximately 45% of our candidates are women and/or ethnic minorities, enabling you to connect with skilled and diverse candidates through our events.
Facility Access Information
EXHIBITORS - Individual Representative Access
Fort Hood requires a pre-approved "Access Roster" be submitted by RecruitMilitary prior to the event date. Roster MUST include ALL attendees who do not have a Military ID or CAC. The deadline to submit roster information for these individuals is August 13 at 4pm EST.
You can securely submit your information for the Base Access Roster HERE.
Company representatives who do not provide their information on the roster, and who do not have a current Military ID or CAC, should allow extra time the morning of the event to go to the Visitor Center to be screened for base access. Exhibitors must enter through the Marvin Leath Visitor's Center located just off Interstate 14 (U.S. Hwy. 190) on T.J Mills Blvd Building 69012, adjacent to the Main Gate. The hours are 5am–9pm daily. Please allow plenty of time for processing.
Per base regulations, no Educator Entities may participate in this hiring event.
Acceptable Access Documentation
All exhibitors must possess the following item(s) or you will not be allowed access to the military installation or the Job Fair:
- You must present the following: Military Identification Card (Active, Reserve/Guard, Retiree ID); or Civilian/Contractor CAC Card) OR Non-military photo ID.
- Current and compliant current driver’s license. See the following link for states with compliant licenses: REAL ID STATES.
- Current automobile registration or rental car contract.
- Current proof of automobile insurance or rental car contract.
- If your driver’s license, passport or other identification has expired or is no longer valid you "WILL NOT" be allowed to enter the post.
- As part of security measures on a military post your vehicle may be subject to inspection. This is part of the security measures against any terrorist threats. Please cooperate with security and their mission.
(NOTE: All military installations and facilities reserve the right to refuse admittance to any installation or military facility. RecruitMilitary is not responsible for local installation policies and cannot grant access or override installation policies.)
Lone Star Conference Center
BEFORE THE EVENT
Attending Representatives should log in to their Event Portal prior to event day to ensure they have access.
Organizations' Attending Representative(s) will receive an email the morning of the event to begin event check-in. The check-in process is electronic and your event pass will be displayed on your phone. We strongly recommend arriving with your device fully charged.
Clients requiring access to electric should contact RecruitMilitary in advance to make payment and should bring their own power strips and extension cords. Without prior notification and payment, there is no guarantee electric will be provided.
No outside food & beverage may be distributed without prior approval. Please reach out to RecruitMilitary for approval process.
We always encourage all attendees to check back 24-48 hours prior to the event to view the most up to date instructions/directions.
AT THE EVENT
The Job Fair will take place in the Grande Ballroom.
Exhibitor set up is from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Each Exhibitor will have a 6' or 8' table draped with linen and two chairs.
Coffee will be available at 9:00 a.m. in a designated area marked with RecruitMilitary "Exhibitors Only" signage.
There will be two assigned windows of time for the Exhibitors lunch. Each exhibitor will receive their assigned time at check-in.
As is the case at most military installations, Wi-Fi can be spotty. RecruitMilitary will have hotspots in the event space, but consistent access cannot be guaranteed. Exhibitors who require constant access are encouraged to bring their own hotspot.
Due to venue regulations and/or limitations, Exhibitors are asked to ship items into and out of their hotel.
RecruitMilitary Shipping Policy: In ALL situations, exhibitors are responsible for management and payment of their own shipping needs. Any fees incurred by RecruitMilitary for shipping associated with an exhibitor will be passed on to that exhibitor for payment. These fees and management of the shipping process are the sole responsibility of the client/exhibitor.
- FREE parking is available just outside of the venue.
“Americans may be shocked to learn that there is no veterans’ unemployment crisis. The unemployment rate in 2014 for post-9/11 veterans was 7.2 percent, the lowest level in seven years of tracking these veterans. ”
“The latest crisis at the Department of Veterans Affairs has called into question again the proper role of government in the care of our veterans. Whereas healthcare is clearly in shambles, veterans’ employment is another realm in which well-meaning government involvement has been inefficient at best and ineffective or counterproductive at worst. ”
“Peter Gudmundsson talked about the availability of jobs for returning service members.”
“Among the fondest memories Peter Gudmundsson ’85 has of his three years as an active-duty U.S. Marine officer was the time in 1987 when, off the coast of Vietnam, he stood on the deck of a U.S. Navy ship looking up at the Soviet planes flying overhead. What was particularly memorable, he says, was not the plane flying overhead, but the reaction of the men in his platoon”
“Money for Lunch host Bert Martinez interviewed Peter Gudmundsson. Discussed veteran hiring.”
“Mike Rollins is featured on America Now. Recently, America Now visited a RecruitMilitary job fair held at the Hurst Conference Center in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. ”
“By Naomi Snyder Terry Pack was an aircraft mechanic serving in the Army in Iraq, spending two of the last six years in combat overseas. Now that he's done his service for the country, he can't even get a job doing oil changes at Sears. "It's tough,'' said the unemployed Clarksville veteran, who was honorably discharged in January. "I've been looking for any job." A congressional hea...”
“Matt Murphy, RecruitMilitary's Senior VP of Business Development and Sales is a guest on Washington Journal to talk about a recent report that shows the jobless rate for veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars is over eleven percent. He talks about connecting employers, educational institutions, and franchisors to veterans because of their character, skills and training, diversity, and securi...”
When attendees registered for the Job Fair at Fort Hood, we asked them to let us know what fields they are interested in. The table below is a breakdown of those interests.
|Administrative / Clerical||1||50%|
|Customer Support / Client Care||1||50%|
|Medical / Health||1||50%|