Job Fair at Fort Stewart
1020 Hero Road
Fort Stewart, GA 31314
Job Fair at Fort Stewart
May 21, 202011:00 AM – May 21, 2020 3:00 PM
For multiple event discounts, call 800-226-0841
- Exhibition Booth
- 2 Representatives
- Listing in Exhibitors Guide
- * $795 special for certified small-businesses
(50 or fewer employees)
- * $595 special for veteran-owned small-businesses
(50 or fewer employees)
- * $795 special for local public safety organizations
- * $995 special for US Government Entities
At a Veteran Job Fair, you can begin the selection process with what is normally one of the final stages of a face-to-face meeting with the candidate. We present these events in cooperation with leading corporations, news media, industry associations, veterans organizations, and government agencies. All Veteran Job Fairs take place in major military markets. To attract job candidates to the fairs, we promote the events intensively to our huge database of registered candidates, and we run display ads in major newspapers in the areas where they will take place.
Why Hire Veterans?
If you are not familiar with hiring veterans, we would like to share three reasons why military personnel will make great employees for your organization:
- Well-trained. Veterans possess skills that are critical for an organization to succeed. They are trained to be mission-oriented and to work as a team. They possess critical skills for organizational success including discipline, responsibility, respect, and unparalleled work ethic.
- Skills that overlap. Veterans have been trained in specific skills that greatly overlap civilian work. Whether driving an 18-wheel tractor-trailer or leading an organization in an executive position, the military provides people with the training to be successful in trades, as well as the experience and conditioning required for management positions.
- Diverse backgrounds. The military employs a highly diverse workforce. Approximately 45% of our candidates are women and/or ethnic minorities, enabling you to connect with skilled and diverse candidates through our events.
Facility Access Information
Fort Stewart requires Section 1 of the attached form be completed by EACH ATTENDEE from EVERY company and emailed to email@example.com.
In order to be considered for the pre-approved access roster THE COMPLETED FORM MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5:00pm EST Monday, May 13, 2020.
Click HERE to access the form.
Company representatives who did not submit the proper form prior to the deadline, and who do not have a current Military ID, should allow extra time the morning of the event to go to the Visitor Center to be screened for base access.
Per base regulations, no Educational Entities may participate in this event.
Acceptable Access Documentation
All exhibitors must possess the following item(s) or you will not be allowed access to the military installation or the Job Fair:
- Military Identification Card (Active, Reserve/Guard, Retiree ID) OR Civilian/Contractor CAC Card) OR Non-military photo ID.
- Current and compliant current driver’s license. See the following link for states with compliant licenses: REAL ID STATES.
- Current automobile registration or rental car contract.
- Current proof of automobile insurance or rental car contract.
- If your driver’s license, passport or other identification has expired or is no longer valid you "WILL NOT" be allowed to enter the post.
- As part of security measures on a military post your vehicle may be subject to inspection. This is part of the security measures against any terrorist threats. Please cooperate with security and their mission.
(NOTE: All military installations and facilities reserve the right to refuse admittance to any installation or military facility. RecruitMilitary is not responsible for local installation policies and cannot grant access or override installation policies.)
The Job Fair will take place in the Ballroom.
REMINDER this event occurs on a TUESDAY.
Exhibitor set up is between 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
Coffee will be available at 9:00 a.m. in an area designated by RecruitMilitary "Exhibitors Only" signage.
The Exhibitors lunch will be served from 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. in an area designated by RecruitMilitary "Exhibitors Only" signage.
Clients requiring access to electric should contact RecruitMilitary in advance to make payment and should bring their own power strips and extension cords. Without prior notification and payment, there is no guarantee electric will be provided.
RecruitMilitary will have hotspots, however, depending upon volume of use, service can be spotty. Exhibitors who rely on Wi-Fi as part of their presentation are encouraged to bring their own hotspot.
Due to venue regulations and/or limitations, Exhibitors are asked to ship items into and out of their hotel.
RecruitMilitary Shipping Policy: In ALL situations, exhibitors are responsible for management and payment of their own shipping needs. Any fees incurred by RecruitMilitary for shipping associated with an exhibitor will be passed on to that exhibitor for payment. These fees and management of the shipping process are the sole responsibility of the client/exhibitor.
FREE parking is available immediately outside of the venue. View the venue and parking map
Directions from Atlanta to Club Stewart
1. Take the I-85 S ramp toward MONTGOMERY.
2. Merge onto I-285 E/GA-407 E via the exit on the LEFT toward MACON.
3. Merge onto I-75 S via EXIT 58 toward MACON.
4. Merge onto I-16 E/GA-404 E via EXIT 165 on the LEFT toward SAVANNAH.
5. Take the GA-67 exit, EXIT 127, toward PEMBROKE/FT STEWART.
6. Turn RIGHT onto GA-67.
7. Stay STRAIGHT to go onto GA- 119/GOVERNOR JOHN ADAM TREUTLEN HWY/S MAIN ST. Continue to follow GA-119 S (GATE 12).
8. Turn LEFT onto W 6TH ST.
9. Turn RIGHT onto BUNDY AVE.
10. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto HERO RD.
11. End at 1020 Hero Rd Fort Stewart, GA 31315
I-95 South From South Carolina / Savannah
1. Get off at Exit 87 (Coastal Highway/GA Hwy 17).
2. Turn left on GA Hwy 17 South.
3. Travel 4.5 miles to GA Hwy 196 West.
4. Veer to the right on GA Hwy 196 West.
5. Travel 8.9 miles to US Hwy 84 West, turn right at the T-junction.
6. Travel 4.3 miles to General Stewart Way (just past the Shoney's on the right).
7. Turn right at General Stewart Way and follow directions to the Fort Stewart main gate (GATE 1).
I-95 North From Florida
1. Get off at Exit 76 (Midway & Sunbury Rd).
2. Turn left on US Hwy 84 West.
3. Travel approx. 15 miles to General Stewart Way (just past the Shoney's on the right).
4. Turn right at General Stewart Way and follow directions to the Fort Stewart main gate (GATE 1).
“Americans may be shocked to learn that there is no veterans’ unemployment crisis. The unemployment rate in 2014 for post-9/11 veterans was 7.2 percent, the lowest level in seven years of tracking these veterans. ”
“The latest crisis at the Department of Veterans Affairs has called into question again the proper role of government in the care of our veterans. Whereas healthcare is clearly in shambles, veterans’ employment is another realm in which well-meaning government involvement has been inefficient at best and ineffective or counterproductive at worst. ”
“Peter Gudmundsson talked about the availability of jobs for returning service members.”
“Among the fondest memories Peter Gudmundsson ’85 has of his three years as an active-duty U.S. Marine officer was the time in 1987 when, off the coast of Vietnam, he stood on the deck of a U.S. Navy ship looking up at the Soviet planes flying overhead. What was particularly memorable, he says, was not the plane flying overhead, but the reaction of the men in his platoon”
“Money for Lunch host Bert Martinez interviewed Peter Gudmundsson. Discussed veteran hiring.”
“Mike Rollins is featured on America Now. Recently, America Now visited a RecruitMilitary job fair held at the Hurst Conference Center in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. ”
“By Naomi Snyder Terry Pack was an aircraft mechanic serving in the Army in Iraq, spending two of the last six years in combat overseas. Now that he's done his service for the country, he can't even get a job doing oil changes at Sears. "It's tough,'' said the unemployed Clarksville veteran, who was honorably discharged in January. "I've been looking for any job." A congressional hea...”
“Matt Murphy, RecruitMilitary's Senior VP of Business Development and Sales is a guest on Washington Journal to talk about a recent report that shows the jobless rate for veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars is over eleven percent. He talks about connecting employers, educational institutions, and franchisors to veterans because of their character, skills and training, diversity, and securi...”
When attendees registered for the Job Fair at Fort Stewart, we asked them to let us know what fields they are interested in. The table below is a breakdown of those interests.
|Logistics / Transportation / Warehouse||29||43%|
|Project / Program Management||20||30%|
|Customer Support / Client Care||18||27%|
|Administrative / Clerical||18||27%|
|Education / Training||16||24%|
|Quality Assurance / Safety||16||24%|
|Business / Strategic Management||12||18%|
|IT / Software Development||12||18%|
|Manufacturing / Operations||11||16%|
|Medical / Health||9||13%|
|Aviation / Aerospace||8||12%|
|Law Enforcement / Security||8||12%|
|Maintenance / Installation / Repair||8||12%|
|Accounting / Finance / Insurance||4||6%|
|Banking / Real Estate / Mortgage||4||6%|
|Sales / Business Development||3||4%|
|Marketing / Product Management||3||4%|
|Biotech / R&D / Science||2||3%|
|Construction / Trades||2||3%|
|Food Services / Hospitality||1||1%|
|Creative / Design||1||1%|
|Editorial / Writing||1||1%|